(1) Subject to this Act, the direction, control and management of the affairs of the Institute shall be vested in the Council, which may for those purposes exercise all the powers of the Institute other than the power to make by-laws.
(2) The Council shall consist of –
a. the Chairman;
b. the Vice-Chairman;
c. such other members as may be specified by the by-laws
(3) The President and Vice President of the Institute shall be the Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively of the Council.
(4) The other members of the Council shall be elected in the manner prescribed by by-laws from among the members of the Institute who shall be members of
such bodies as are specified in the Schedule.
(5) The persons who, immediately before the commencement of this Act, are members of the management committee of the existing organisation shall assume
office as members of the Council as if they had been elected thereto in pursuance of the provisions of the by-laws.
(6) The Council may appoint such committees as it thinks fit and may delegate to any such committees the power and authority to carry out on its behalf such
duties as the Council may determine and the constitution of each committee so appointed shall be determined by the Council.
(7) The Council may pay out of the funds of the Institute to any member of the Council such sum, as may be determined by the Council, to defray expenses
incurred by that member in attending any meeting of the Council or of any committee or sub-committee of the Council or of the Institute.
(8) The names of the members of the Council as first constituted and every change in the membership thereof shall be notified in the Gazette.